CIEL CLAIR Limited
BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. You (the person signing the booking form as party leader) agree to enter into a contract with Ciel Clair on the following terms and conditions.
2. The contract commences when Ciel Clair has issued the written booking confirmation. Ciel Clair reserves the right to refuse any booking.
3. You must be aged 18 years or over when the booking is made and you are responsible for payments under this contract and for insuring that all members of your party comply with these terms and conditions and carry passports, visas and other documents for travel or driving.
4. The booking form must be accompanied by the appropriate booking payment, full payment due when booking online. Other payment methods are available on request.
5. Ciel Clair Ltd will accept payments by third parties (such as other members of your party), provided they are identified as payments made under this contract. Any repayments that may become due from Ciel Clair Ltd will be made to you.
6. You agree to: –
- a. Treat the property with care and consideration and report any damage or breakages to the local representative or to Ciel Clair Ltd prior to departure. Or, if significant, as soon after is occurrence as soon as possible.
- b. Ensure that no member of your party behaves in a manner likely to cause damage to the property or its contents or offence, danger or distress to others.
- c. A compulsory final cleaning charge will be added to the final invoice. This amount will be indicated on your booking form.
- d. Permit only those listed on the booking form to reside in the property and not to sublet or assign the property or any part of it, not to exceed the maximum number of people to reside there as stated in the property details. The parking of caravans, or pitching of tents is forbidden. Pets are not permitted unless agreed by Ciel Clair in writing.
7. In the event of a breach of clause 7b or 7d above, Ciel Clair Ltd or its representative reserves the right to ask you to vacate the property and the contract will terminate without refund or compensation. In the case of over occupancy an additional pro-rata rental charge may be made in lieu.
8. Ciel Clair Ltd or its representative shall be entitled to inspect the property after giving reasonable notice to you, but no notice will be required if a breach of these terms is suspected or if emergency repairs are required.
SECURITY DEPOSIT AND INSURANCE
9. A security deposit is required for all bookings (as an indemnity against breakages, loss or damage to the property its fitting, fixtures or contents, telephone calls and other applicable charges). Ciel Clair Ltd will normally be stakeholder for this deposit, in which case it will be payable with the final balance and held to the order of owner. In all cases the security deposit must be lodged prior to hand over of keys. Your liability is not limited to the amount of the security deposit and you should ensure that you are adequately insured. The security deposit less applicable deductions, will be returned to you by sterling cheque as soon as we are authorised by the owner. Deductions will be converted to sterling at the prevailing tourist exchange rate.
10. You must have insurance cover for at least the following risks
- a. Liability for accidental damage to the property
- b. Cancellation
- c. Medical and emergency expenses. Personal possessions are not covered by property owner’s insurance.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
11. You must check in between 4pm and 6pm on the arrival dates (unless special arrangements are agreed in advance). And check out my 10.00am on the departure date (all times are local French time).
12. The contents of our website have been prepared in all good faith Ciel Clair Ltd will inform you of any significant changes at the time of booking or as soon after as possible if you have already booked. But shall not be liable for minor or insignificant inaccuracy in such descriptions and information.
13. If any dispute or complaint arises whilst you are on holiday you should promptly inform the local representative to allow them to rectify the matter. If you are not satisfied with the solution offered you should contact Ciel Clair Ltd by phone within 48 hours on return from your holiday you must detail the complaint in writing not later than 14 days from the departure date shown on your booking confirmation. Ciel Clair Ltd cannot accept complaints unless this procedure is followed.
14. Ciel Clair Ltd accepts no liability for the illness, injury or death of any person. And you understand that you use the property at your own risk.
15. Ciel Clair Ltd accept no liability for loss or damage of personal effects.
16. All tickets issued and bookings and other arrangements made by Ciel Clair Ltd with third parties are subject to the terms and conditions imposed by those third parties.
17. Children should be monitored at all times and should you should verify the suitability of equipment particularly children’s cots, high chairs and other items, for the purpose you intend to put it. As Ciel Clair ltd cannot accept liability. Swimming pools do not have depth markings and should check the water depth before using the pool. Diving into the swimming pool is at your own risk. Whilst some sort of pool security measure should be in place please check that the level of protection to suit your party at the time of booking Ciel Clair Ltd cannot accept liability for the compliance of the protective measures taken by the property owners. The presence of animals and insects is inevitable in the South of France. And Ciel Clair Ltd cannot accept responsibility unless this represents an unusual and dangerous nuisance.
STAFFING AND EQUIPMENT
18. Where you have asked Ciel Clair Ltd to arrange additional staffing, services or equipment this is done on the basis of a private arrangement between you and the supplier and payment must be paid directly to the supplier. You authorise Ciel Clair Ltd to deduct from your security deposit the amount of any unpaid bills for such arrangements.
19. Linen. Bedlinen is not provided however, linen can be hired at a price of £22 per bed per week. If you would like a change of bedlinen during your stay this can be arranged at an additional charge.
Towels. Towels can be provided at an additional charge of £10 per person per week.
CHANGES AND CANCELLATION
20. Cancellation by you or your booking must be in writing signed by you. The effective date of cancellation shall be the date of receipt by Ciel Clair Ltd of the written notification. Unless otherwise notified the following percentages of the total price are payable by you in the event of your cancelling depending on when notification is received,
more than 56 day before arrival date 30%
56 days or less before arrival date 100%
21. If you request any changes to your booking form Ciel Clair ltd will endeavour to comply, but cannot guarantee to be able to.
22. Ciel Clair Ltd may be subject to changes imposed on it by third parties. If it is necessary for Ciel Clair Ltd to make a significant change to your booking arrangements after the booking confirmation has been issued you may 1) accept the change and any price difference; or 2) cancel and receive a full refund of monies paid (excluding insurance premiums).
23. Ciel Clair Ltd cannot accept any liability for compensation where performance or prompt performance of its contractual obligations is prevented or affected by reasons outside its control or by circumstances amounting to force majeure nor for any failures in the supply of public services, plumbing or sewage systems or domestic equipment (but will endeavour to arrange a prompt repair.)
24. These terms and conditions to which they apply are governed by English Law and the English courts only shall have jurisdiction in relation to them.